Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oh! Hey blog! I almost forgot about you...

The contrast between life goals in Maine and Florida are stunning but not surprising. The more I talk to other kids the more I fear what it would be like to be stuck here. A large amount of kids don't plan on college and my school has the highly acclaimed title of having the highest teen pregnancy rate in Maine. Neither of these things, I'm sure, are in my future. But I'm sorry for these kids who will never even try to meet a handsome successful businessman in New York, who will never even think to aspire to be an intern for a fashion magazine or never ever have those tiny moments filled with delusions of grandeur and stardom. Somehow they think they'd be content marrying a fisherman and living in a small house by the sea... or route 1. While that may not sound all too bad to someone in Rockland taking all TVP courses, it sounds like a cage to me.

The next thing I'd like to address is how people manage to stay in relationships for so long. Before now, I don't think any of my what I like to call "relationships" have ever lasted more than a week. I'd lie to myself and round up to a week and that was just lying to myself. To other people a week would turn into one month or two depending on how lonely I felt that day. Now I've been dating my new boyfriend for almost a month and that, my friends, is a fact! Not some lie I tell to make myself feel better! Go me! Our first kiss was October 8th when we spent the night watching a movie. The movie was terrible but what I remember was us, over the course of the movie, inch by inch, moving closer and closer to one another until we were holding hands and then cuddling and then in the very last ten minutes of the movie I asked him "so are you going to kiss me before I fall asleep?" which led to our very first kiss. By now you can bet your bottom dollar I have a goofy smile on my face and trust me, I'd had a goofy smile on my face from the moment I met the kid. But still, I'm starting to question how I keep this guy on his toes and interested. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment